Troubleshooting tips on getting the games to load:
2. ROMS folder should be selected by default. Click Browse and browse to the ROMS folder included in the zip package. This will be in the MameUI64 folder under \ROMS
3. Click OK
4. Click File/Audit All Sets and let that run to completion.
5. In the Mame window, make sure you have ‘Available’ filter selected.
If you are having trouble, post here or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will help!
Hello gamers! As I said on the last Warzone, I’ll be giving away another copy of Witcher III. All you have to do is beat my high scores on some classic games and you’re in! In fact, for every high score you beat, that will earn you one entry into the contest. If you are a Patron, every entry is doubled! There will be 10 games to play and they are all free. So you can have a maximum of 10 entries or 20 if you are a Patron. I will pick a winner from a bag or a hat next weekend and the winner will be announced on the Warzone post on Sunday May 17th. So here are the rules and instructions:
1. Download the Mame game package here: http://www.filedropper.com/mameui64 The package includes Mame64 for 64-bit OS and Mame32 for 32-bit OS.
2. When you extract the files, it will create all the folders for you. The games are included in the zip file.
3. In order to be eligible to win, you must beat my high scores(posted below) and then submit screenshots of your highscores to email@example.com.
4. There is no dip switching allowed. If I find out you used dip switches to beat my scores, you will not be eligible for any contests for the rest of the year. This is cheating, don’t do it.
5. No custom game configurations. Play the games as they are.
6. Submitting Photoshopped or false images of your high scores will make you ineligible.
7. All scores must be submitted by Friday May 15, 2015 at 10pm. No scores will be accepted after this time.
Defender – 13475 – One of the hardest arcade games ever made
Dig Dug – 36930 – should be easy
Donkey Kong – 13900 – I should be able to get higher but the controls suck
Galaga – 101910 – this is about my average score
Mario Bros. – 44500 – even impressed myself with this one
Missile Command – 34545 – about my average
Mr. Do – 53850 – I think I used to do better
Mrs. Pac-Man – 29630 – didn’t even make Jr. Again, controls aren’t that great. I’ve scored 80k in the arcades.
Popeye – 45370 – it wasn’t easy
Sinistar – 49580 – Another fucking hard game from Williams. They were the masters at brutalizing you!